This is a good recipe to roll out when you are entertaining in South African style or to serve to the boys
when they watch rugby.
- 100 g sliced beef, ostrich or game biltong (reserve some for a garnish)
- 250 g low fat cottage cheese
- ½ cup (125 ml) Mascarpone cheese or reduced fat cream
- 1 t (5 ml) horseradish or ½ t (2.5 ml) wasabi paste
- 1 t (5 ml) Ina Paarman’s Garlic Pepper Seasoning to taste
Place the biltong in a blender or food processor and chop very fine. Add the cottage cheese,
Mascarpone and horseradish to the biltong and blend until smooth. Taste for seasoning. Sprinkle with a
few extra biltong flakes and serve with bread sticks.
It is more economical to buy a piece of biltong and slice it yourself than to buy it ready sliced.